It’s defo taken a chilly turn…I’m still trying to warm my hands and toes up from footy training last night for the might Penny Town under 9s!!
When it's like this some winter warming food is in order…and nothing like a comforting stew to warm our little tootsies.
So here is a simple, delicious, nutritious winter warmer that even my wonderful other half can’t burn (although she could give it a good go)...haha!
Provencal Chicken Stew
Time: 1.5hrs (depending what you use-slow cooker can work for this too!)
4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
2tbsp olive oil (can use some butter or coconut oil if you prefer)
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 peppers diced
2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1) Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large casserole pot. Add the onion, garlic, dried oregano and peppers. Sweat (love that word for cooking!!?) for 10 mins.
2) Increase the heat and add the chicken, brown on all sides.
3) Stir in the tomato puree and then add the tinned tomatoes.
4) Bring to the boil then place the lid on and put in the oven for 1 hour.
5) Add the fresh basil just before serving.
Serve with your fav greens…steamed cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower or with brown rice/sweet potato.
NB: This method can be used for pork or turkey too, along with the option to shove it all in the slow cooker and leave it for 8hrs…
...and remember, you can still grab your pre christmas 2 week PT Trial by clicking the link...best not to wait to Jan>>
Pro-Fit Personal Training