Yup, this one is for you too.
What am I talking about...? The Pro-Fit Podcast!
Now, you may be forgiven for not knowing about the Pro-Fit Podcast as it's mainly to help Personal Trainers...(both the Pro-Fit superstars that many of you know and love as well as other personal trainers across the UK).
Yes, we want our PT's to become even better and more amazing for our wonderful clients...and we also want to improve the standard of everything so giving some advice and tips to help trainers become more successful can only make them better for all clients, which means helping 100s and 1000s more people achieve their potential...which is what we want to do everyday...!
However, this latest episode is a gem and will really benefit you guys too. An industry expert discusses a hugely important area of your health.
It's jammed pack full of advice to help our clients get a great nights SLEEP.
Now sleep is one of the most important areas to focus on when you are looking at weight loss, mental and physical health, lifestyle, energy levels and overall well being...just look at these:
- 2017 UK sleep survey – 1/3 adults report poor sleep on most nights – 10% population suffer from acute insomnia - sleep related problems cost an average 2% GDP in most countries = £50 billion economic burden in the UK alone
- Only 39% people surveyed even consider planning their sleep as a factor that will benefit them the next day – 61% never consider sleep as part of their daily plan
- 27% people report ‘never’ feeling refreshed the next day after sleeping
- Adults who get less than 6 hours sleep per night, by age 27, are 7 times more likely to have a higher, unhealthy BMI
- Adults who sleep less than 5 hours per night are 2.5 times more likely to get diabetes
- 6 hours or less sleep – time to exhaustion during exercise decreases by 30% - there is a direct impact on quality of your workouts
Its a huge pillar of health that effects appetite, hormonal balance, mood, energy, motivation, recovery (mental and physical)...and they all effect your results.
So, go and have a listen by clicking the link here(feel free to give it a positive review too)...
Enjoy...and have a great nights sleep
Pro-Fit Personal Training